GULF1775 - Senior Manager Technical Quality
We are looking for a dynamic motivated individual to join our Technical Quality team as Senior Manager Technical Quality based in Bahrain.
Ensure that all technical and engineering activities of Gulf Air are carried out according to the standards required by the certifying authorities and in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain an independent quality system that monitors compliance with the BCAA Air Navigation Transport Regulations (ANTRs) and EASA Implementing Rules.
- Update the Accountable Manager with all safety related investigations into events, incidents, serious incidents and all known conditions that adversely affect or can affect the safe operation of aircraft. This update will also include major audit findings, safety risk trends and statistics and any deficiency that can affect the quality and safety standards.
- Ensure that the the Maintenance Management Organization Exposition is maintained up to date with the BCAA ANTR and EASA requirements.
- Ensure that noncompliances arising from the quality management system are adequately promulgated to respective departments managers for necessary action.
- Ensure that there is a certifying staff authorization system covering the granting, renewal and variatition of certifying staff approvals commensurate with BCAA ANTR 145 & EASA Part 145 requirements.
- Prepare and presents department’s annual plans and budgets.
- Ensure effective managemnt of staff in terms of selection, training, motovation and evaluation.
- Ensure that all contracted aircraft and engine maintenance and repair organizations hold BCAA ANTR 145 and that the contracted work scope is within the BCAA approval schedule.
- Ensure that all contracted aircraft and engine Maintenance Repair Organizations are subject to periodic quality survaillance programme.
- Ensure that a comprehensive quality audit programme is in placed to cover Gulf Air technical operations functions, shops, line stations and aircraft in accordance with BCAA ANTR 145 , Part M and EASA Part 145 as applicable.
- Ensure that an occurrence reporting and investigation system is in place in accordance with BCAA ANTR/EASA 145.60 and ANTR M, M.A 202.
- Prepare and submit to the BCAA aircraft permit to fly applications in liasion with Senior Manager Engineering & Airworthiness.
- Has the responsibility of controlling & approving MEL rectification interval extension requests.
- Ensure that an aircraft airworthiness review system and procedure is in place acceptable to the BCAA for subsequent aircraft certificate of airworthiness issue/renewal recommendation in accordance with ANTR M Subpart I.
- Exercising a QA audit programme for all contracted CAMO. Maintaining an affective auditing system to ensure that contracted functions with ANTR Part M/Part 21 contracted maintenance organisations and agencies are in full compliance with the company and regulatory authority requirements.
- Manage the administration and control of procedures for the Delegation of Authority for the certification of maintenance with the terms of approval granted to Gulf Air by Airworthiness Authorities.
- Support and advise the Technical Training Department of all legal requirements affecting Technical Training and monitor, approve technical staff attendance of course, examination papers and results.
- Approve on behalf of Gulf Air all vendors, contractors, sub-contractors, manufactures, suppliers and line/route technical handling agencies and personnel employed in connection with the Company’s technical operation. Ensure that all organizations so “approved” are subjected to periodic Quality Assurance inspection and are approved by the appropriate Airworthiness Authority.
- Maintain a close liaison with Airworthiness Authoroties of GF vested maintenance approvals, and those that approve maintenance support organizations that are contracted to the operator.
- Participate in the Reliability Performance Review Committee (RPRC)
- Direct “Mandatory Reporting System” as required by Authorities:-
- Investigate incidents, accidents and maintenance - raised defect reports and ensure remedial action is taken.
- Convene Board of Inquiry in respect of maintenance incident considered to be of a serious nature and ensure adequate remedial/disciplinary action is taken against staff found responsible.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree level in Aeronautical Engineering (or equivalent) with additional formal training in statistics and aviation law.
- Must hold appropriate aircraft licenses.
- Demonstrated expertise in communications and interpersonal skills.
- 12 years experience in technical division of an international airline including at least 10 years within a Quality Assurance Department with 5 years in Senior Managerial position.
Note: you will be required to attach the following: